Monday, August 25, 2008

BigDog

Zach sent me a link today and (as usual) I stopped working and spent 5 minutes checking it out. Since it was so cool and the point of this blog is to share my knowledge I figured I give it the honor of being my second blog.

And here it is, BigDog.



It's a quadruped robot built by Boston Dynamics and it does stuff I've never seen a robot do like walk over anything, resist being knocked down and recovering from a slip on the ice. For more info check out the Boston Dynamics site about BigDog

Lastly, here is a somewhat amusing parody of BigDog. We may be able to teach robots to walk, but no one has taught them humor.

2 comments:

Sutter Schumacher said...

It's only a matter of time!

(That's so cool, by the way. Freaky, but cool.)

Marilyn Schumacher said...

You wanted a dog all the years you were growing up. I am considering getting BigDog but it might be pricier (do ya think?) than a more traditional pure-bred. I would have to order it with a muffler but would walk it with my invisible dog on a leash http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Dog-Leash-Great-Gag/dp/B0006GK8GE

Clean up is minimal, food is a charge, and no shedding. I could teach it tricks like those show horses that dance http://www.lipizzaner.com/

That is a great post.