Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quick Gmail tip

If I keep this up I might have to rename my blog after Google, but I thought this might be useful.

Do you ever click on an email link on a webpage and it opens Outlook? Well, this is pretty annoying, especially for someone like me who gave up on Outlook and uses Gmail. The good news is that there is a trick for Firefox users that will open a new Gmail email instead.

It's really easy to set up and here's a good example: http://lifehacker.com/392287/set-firefox-3-to-launch-gmail-for-mailto-links. I used it today to set it up on my new laptop.

Speaking of the laptop, I ordered a big battery so that I wouldn't have to recharge as much (especially when traveling). Unfortunately, the estimated ship date is Oct 24 (and I ordered it at the end of July). I have heard conflicting reasons. Ross blames it on Prius batteries driving up demand. However, I'm not sure if he's messing with me. I also read that it could be because two factories in China where they are made were destroyed in a fire and the big earthquake. Those must be some big factories if it effects supply that much. Oh well, maybe I can find some wind power option!

Wow, this blog is frighteningly boring. I'm guaranteed to have zero readers in no time. The only people who might read it are my co-workers, but they hear me talk about all this stuff already. Well, at least it gives everyone an insight into what I'm like at work!

2 comments:

Golden State Girl said...

Yeah, that blog sucked. Give us some political theater. I want to hear you talk about the issues. Just like Fox News does.

Sutter Schumacher said...

GSG has a point. But never underestimate the loyalty of a sister. For better or worse (uh, wait, that's supposed to be Erin's line), you can count on me to read even the lamest of your posts.