Thursday, September 25, 2008

Obama Biker-Sticker

I was going to suspend my blog writing so that I could go to Washington to help work out the financial deal. But let's be honest, they don't need me there (and they could probably do without two presidential campaigns, too). If it was a foreign affairs problem though I'd be right there - after all I can see Mexico from San Diego.

But instead of marching to DC, I've decided to show my support for Obama (and the country) in a totally hippie way - by sporting the Obama Biker-Sticker.





It's just a normal bumper sticker that I've adopted for my favorite mode of transportation. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I could do more to save the world, but for me getting on the bike at least shows I'm willing to put in a little leg work (literally) for the cause. Whether I bike to work a couple of days a week or not doesn't affect the global supply of oil and amount of pollution from cars. However, in the end the only thing I can control is myself and I don't want anyone to say I wasn't trying.

And why an Obama sticker and not a McCain one? Well, you'll have to wait for a future blog post on that one.

3 comments:

Golden State Girl said...

"Whether I bike to work a couple of days a week or not doesn't affect the global supply of oil and amount of pollution from cars." It may not affect global oil supply but it does have the added benefit of being able to thumb your nose at all those dirty car drivers.

evschu said...

I left that out, but it's it totally true. There is nothing better than passing cars that are stuck in traffic (as long as you make sure not to get hit by them).

Anonymous said...

aw, Ev - you should come out to DC anyways! you can even borrow my bike so you don't have to lug yours!